Finding the DW Stadium...
- Exit M6 at Junction 27 and turn left at end of slip road.
- Turn right at T-junction, sign-posted Shevington.
- After 1 mile turn left into Old Lane (signed B5375 Standish Lower Ground).
- The road winds through countryside for approx. 2 miles.
- At traffic lights turn right into Scot Lane .
- Take the first left turn into Stadium Way for the entrance to the Stadium Car Parks or second left for the main entrance. (Visiting Directors & Match Officials Parking)
From South and West
- Exit M6 at Junction 25.
- At end of slip road (approx. 1 mile) turn left, sign-posted Wigan A49
- Follow signs for Wigan A49 for 1.8 miles to saddle roundabout.
- Take second exit sign-posted Standish A49 into Robin Park Road.
- Follow signs for DW Stadium. (Visiting Directors & Match Officials only, take second right into Anjou Boulevard for main entrance)
- Exit M61 at Junction 6 (sign-posted Chorley, Horwich A6027) and take first exit at roundabout. NB: do not exit at Junc 5 which is sign-posted Wigan.
- At next roundabout, take first left (sign-posted Westhoughton A6, Wigan B5238) into Chorley Road.
- After 0.3 miles, turn right (sign-posted Wigan B5238).
- After 1.8 miles, turn left at Aspull Roundabout (sign-posted Wigan B5238).
- After 2.2 miles, just after Earl of Balcarres pub, turn right at traffic lights
- Proceed down the hill turning left at next lights with Quality Hotel on corner
- Follow ring road and get into second lane from right as road bears right into Caroline Street, sign-posted Orrell.
- Continue on ring road following road as it bears left passing the "Go Outdoors" shop on the left hand side again sign-posted for Orrell.
- Pass Wigan Pier on right and as the road goes under the railway bridge get into right hand lane to turn right into Robin Park Road Sign-posted Robin Park.
- Follow signs for DW Stadium (Visiting Directors & Match Officials only, take second right into Anjou Boulevard for main entrance)
The DW Stadium has 2000 car parking spaces located around the stadium. Please refrain from using the Robin Retail Park car parks as these are not official car parks. Supporters who use this car park are at risk of being clamped and fined.
Supporters using Car Park 1 (on Stadium Way) will be required to pay upon entry to the car park. Car Park 3 will be open to parking season ticket holders only. Seasonal car park passes are available from the DW Stadium ticket office on a first come first served basis and cost £37 for all Wigan Warriors league, cup and play-off fixtures.
Car Park 4 which is accessed via Frith Street off Saddle Junction, next to B&Q, will remain free however it is expected that this will fill up early and will be closed approximately one hour before kick off for access and safety reasons.
The DW Stadium management have spent a significant six-figure sum to improve the parking facilities at the venue and Car Park 3 has recently been tarmaced while added security features have been implemented.
Cars & motorcycles . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £5.00
Minibuses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £10.00
Coaches . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £20.00
PLEASE NOTE: Car Park 2 will continue to be reserved for visitors to the Power League Soccerdome, and Car Park 5 will continue to be reserved for DW Sports Fitness Club guests.
Wigan is served by two main International airports: Manchester and Liverpool John Lennon.
Manchester Airport is a major International hub, serving most destinations across the world. It is 30 miles (approximately 35 minutes) East of Wigan and is easily accessible via the M6 and M56.
Liverpool Airport is the North West base for many low-cost carriers including Ryan Air and EasyJet. It is located 32 miles (approximately 40 minutes) West from Wigan, along the M58 and M57.
For the uninitiated, the two main train stations in Wigan are located on opposite sides of the same road in the Town Centre.
Wigan North Western Train Station is the West Coast main line connecting passengers to London and Glasgow. For more information on these services visit the Virgin Trains website.
Wigan Wallgate Train Station is the trans-Pennine service delivering passengers from Liverpool and Leeds. For more information and to plan your journey visit the Northern Rail website.
The DW Stadium is a casual 20 minute walk, covering 1.06 miles along a well-lit main road and canal towpath.
- From Wigan Wallgate Train Station take the main exit and turn right.
- From Wigan North Western Train Station exit onto the road, cross over the road and turn left.
- Walk under the railway bridge and after approx. 5mins you will reach No. 1 Wigan Pier (Domino's is on your left); keep right where the one way road system forks and pass National Tyres on your right and Wigan Pier on your left, walking straight ahead.
- After another 5mins and immediately before the derelict Seven Stars pub / hotel turn right. Proceed to the end of this road and join the canal towpath underneath the railway bridge.
- Continue along the towpath for another 5mins, with the service yard of B&Q on your left, until you reach the black and white canal footbridge; you will then see the DW Stadium on your left. After the footbridge take the next service road on your left signposted "Emergency Vehicles Only" and follow this road over the bridge.
- The bridge delivers you to the South East corner of the DW Stadium.
For more information on public transport links [click here].