// SOLID STRIP COMMUNITY STADIUM
» SOLID STRIP COMMUNITY STADIUM
The Solid Strip Community Stadium (formerly Edge Hall Road) is the home of the Warriors U19 and 16 fixtures. All home games are played at the ground, usually with a 2pm kick off (check press for individual match detail).
The quaint stadium is situated in the residential suburb of Orrell, next to the main Wigan-Liverpool railway line.
Edge Hall Road has also played host to a number of Wigan Warriors 'friendly' matches including the 2004 Terry O'Connor Testimonial fixture.
In 2007 the Warriors opened their £2million state-of-the-art training centre within the grounds of the The Solid Strip Community Stadium. This provides world class training facilities for the Warriors first team, U19 academy structure.
From M6 Junction 26
- Exit motorway following signs to slip road posted 'Orrell'.
- At slip road traffic lights, turn left.
- Follow road to next main traffics lights (approx 800 yards)
- At traffic lights, turn left.
- Follow road to next traffic lights (Post office on left at lights)
- At traffic lights turn left.
- Follow road for approx. 800 yards.
- Just before old stone railway bridge, turn left into Edge Hall Road.
Admission is £5 for adults and £3 for juniors. Wigan Warriors Season Ticket holders are admitted free for regular season league games on production of a valid membership card.
Please note that parking within the grounds of the stadium will be limited to pass holders only, and entry to Edge Hall Road itself will therefore be strictly controlled.