// PRESCOTT STREET
In 1876, the club was suffering from financial difficulties as well as player recruitment problems. All this led to a merger with Upholland F.C. and the formation of The Wigan and District Football Club.
In 1877 after approaching Wigan Cricket Club for permission, the new club played it's games at the their ground situated in Prescott Street, off Frog Lane. Unfortunately the time spent at Prescott Street was short lived as the venture was unsuccessful and within eighteen months, the club folded.
Prescott Street was bounded by the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway's Wigan to Southport line at the Pavilion End, a rope walk which dwarfed the one small standm and Prescott Street itself. The grounds capacity was 7000, with club record receipts of £320 being taken.