1. ABOUT US
Wigan Warriors is a trading name of Wigan Rugby League Club Ltd, registered at Central Park, Montrose Avenue, Wigan, WN5 9XL. There are other companies that use the Wigan Warriors brand and form part of a grouping of “Wigan Warriors Companies”. These include:
- Wigan Warriors Community Foundation Ltd registered at DW Stadium Loire Drive, Robin Park, Wigan, WN5 0UH
- Wigan Warriors Sport & Leisure Services Ltd registered at DW Stadium Loire Drive, Robin Park, Wigan, WN5 0UH
2. POLICY STATEMENT
The policy explains what information we may collect about you, how we may use it, and the steps we take to ensure that it is kept secure. We also explain your rights in respect of your personal data. The policy includes:
- Your rights and contacts
- The information we collect about you
- The information provided to us
- How we use your information
- Protecting children’s information
- Our legal basis for processing your information
- Security of information
- Disclosure of information to third parties
- IP Address and Cookies
- Opting out of direct marketing.
3. CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions about this policy, please e mail us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
Data Protection Officer Wigan Rugby League Club Central Park Montrose Avenue Wigan WN5 9XL
You have the right to contact us in order to find out what personal information we hold about you. We will ask you for proof of your identity before providing you with the information requested.
4. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, email address, phone number, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our website and online forms.
- Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices use to identify and communicate with each other) when using the companies online services. This is identified by the companies web server.
- The information you provide to us in becoming a retail customer, season ticket holder, lotto member, education student, Wigan TV subscriber, participant on a club event or any other form of other delivery or services that Companies provide.
5. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wigan Warriors Companies will use your information to:
- Send you details (including by post, phone, email or mobile messaging) of other products and services where you have provided your consent.
- Fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us.
- Administer and provide products and services which you request and to communicate with you surrounding the products or services
- Carry out research so that we can improve the products and services we offer.
- Engage with fans and invite you to share your views about the club
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
6. PROTECTING CHILDRENS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wigan Warriors Companies are dedicated to the protection of children’s personal information. We do not actively market to children or young people. We will only retain necessary information to protect the health, safety and welfare of children whilst engaged in any club activity, including matchday events. We do not request either parents or children to disclose any more personal information than is reasonably necessary in order to do so.
The companies websites are suitable for family use. We encourage children to speak to their parents before submitting any personal information via online forms and recommend that parents supervise their children while they are online. There are various control tools available for online services that we advise parents to utilise in order to create a child friendly online environment for their children.
7. OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION
The legal basis on which we collect and process the personal data depends on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. We will only use your personal information where we:
- Have your direct consent to do so
- Fulfil contractual agreements between you and us.
- Need to process your personal information for our legitimate interests only
- Have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you
- Need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to fulfil contractual agreements, we will make this clear at the relevant time, and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information.
8. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Wigan Warriors Companies take the security of your personal information seriously. Our online platforms use industry standard encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper-based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so. Please do not disclose any of your log on information (such as Wigan TV or other password protected areas to ensure that your data is kept secure and confidential)
9. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal information to any other unaffiliated third parties. In order to provide our products and services to you, we may need to appoint other third-party organisations to carry out some of the processing activities on our behalf (e.g. ticket or event bookings). In these circumstances, we will put in place contractual terms which will ensure that your personal information is properly protected and is only used substantially in accordance with this policy.
10. IP ADDRESS AND COOKIES
In order to maintain compliance and to meet our on-going changing business requirements, our policies and procedures are constantly under review. We may modify, alter or update our policies & procedures at any point in time. Any changes shall be notified to all users via the Wigan Warriors website.
12. OPTING OUT OF DIRECT MARKETING
Wigan Warriors give the option to withdraw from receiving communications from us at any point in time. There are a number of different ways you can stop receiving direct marketing communications from us. These are:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email marketing communications which we send you update your preferences
- Contact us via the general enquiries contact page on the club website and request to be removed from our database.