As data controller we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its relevant subordinate legislation when handling any personal information.
- When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it (see paragraph 2 below) and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else (see paragraph 3 below).
- We will comply with the Principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will ensure all personal information supplied to us is held securely.
- We will ensure that any information will be held only as long as is necessary to ensure our service runs smoothly.
- We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access (see paragraph 3 below).
- Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you please write to the Company Secretary/Data Protection Officer, Wigan Warriors, DW Stadium, Wigan, WN5 0UH enclosing your payment of £10 for our administration costs. As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity we will send you, within 40 days, a copy of all the data we hold concerning you. Please contact us at the same address if you have any reason to believe the data we hold on you is inaccurate.
What Personal Information Do We Collect And Why Do We Collect It?
- We will collect personal information from you, when you register and log in and when you respond to requests to submit personal information about yourself, in order to, administer the Message Board, Pen Pals Online and Warriors Chat services, to process orders and to provide you with a more personalised experience of the website and its online store.
- We may also keep a record of those parts of the website you use most often to enable us to monitor and improve our service and to know which parts are of most interest to you.
- We will use the personal information supplied by you to administer the Message Board, Pen Pals Online and Warriors Chat services to keep a record of the services you have subscribed to/products you have purchased and to deliver to you services/products you have requested and to help us personalise our service to you.
- We may from time to time use your information to provide you with an update about our products and services. We will not send updates about our products and services by fax unless you specifically ask us to do so. We may send updates by post where you have not told us (by ticking the opt-out box) that you do not wish to receive such information. We will only send you updates about our products and services by e-mail if (a) you have expressly told us that we may do so or (b) we are informing you about products or services similar to those you have bought from us previously, and you have not told us that you do not wish to receive such emails.
- If you do not wish to receive updates about our products and services, or you wish to receive them only in a particular format (such as only by post or only by email) please tick the opt-out box in the update or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you no longer wish to receive this information, or that you only wish to receive the information by post/by email.
To Whom Will We Supply Your Personal Data?
We will only supply your personally identifiable information to any other person or organisation:
- Where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested;
- Where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose;
- Where is order to provide a product or service to you we need to share the information with parties in a location outside of the EU we will always seek to ensure the recipient has agreed to abide by the ‘Safe Harbour’ International Privacy Principles issued by the US Department of Commerce and adopted by the Commission of the European Communities.
- Where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any other third parties.
Like many websites when you visit this website we issue a ‘cookie’ or unique code that allows us to identify your computer. We use the cookie to note the different areas of this website recently accessed through your computer - it is only used in relation to this website and not in relation to any other websites you may visit. We will use the information collected in this way to tell you about services or products, which might be of interest to you when you make further visits to this website.
Links To Other Websites
- Wigan Warriors takes great care to ensure the security of this website and your personal information. Where credit card information is collected we use SSL 3.0 RC4 with 128-bit encryption.
- It is your responsibility to protect your user name or password where you use services on this website requiring you to provide such information and you must not share or disclose your user name or password to any other party.
Message Board, Pen Pals, Online & Warriors Chat Guidance
Please remember that any information this is disclosed by you in the Message Board, Pen Pals Online and Warriors Chat areas of the website becomes available to the general public and when registering for the services you should take adequate precautions to safeguard your personal details (though you may want people to know your identity) and exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information. We actively DISCOURAGE the disclosure of identifying personal details when using these services.
Wigan Warriors, Central Park, Montrose Avenue, Wigan WN5 9XL
Telephone: (01942) 762888 Fax: (01942) 762889