A job opportunity has become available working with Wigan Warriors innovative online subcription TV service, Wigan TV.
Main terms and conditions and details of employment are as follows:
Title - Studio Manager
Reporting directly to Sam Lloyd and working alongside Simon Collinson (Wigan Marketing Director), with clear lead responsibility to produce video content related to the Rugby League community.
The main focus;
• To be the lead contact for the Central Park Video Studio, and considered the organisations video expert.
• Organise staff (camera crew, technicians, commentators) for live broadcasts, games or events in line with department budgets.
• To increase Wigan TV subscription based through video means, and lead with the marketing activities to support both the Club and TV objectives.
The main duties of the role will be to create a minimum of 5 short form video features per week, including scripting, producing, filming, editing and distribution. Particular focus on match day highlights in line with the Sky rights windows.
Successful candidate must have;
• Technical knowledge of professional HD video-editing work flows, and lead on: video asset management, archiving and multi camera shoots.
• Knowledge of Live and VOD streaming technologies including multi-bit rate streaming and Akamai Content Delivery Networks.
• Knowledge of Online Video Platforms, such as Brightcove or Kaltura, particularly video scheduling and syndication through social media.
• Co-ordinate the logistics and administration of subscriptions software (e.g. Recurly) and customer support requests.
• Manage relationships with partners, third party providers and other clubs where necessary
You will be expected to develop your skills in editing, with either Final Cut Pro, or Sony Vegas editing packages. All hardware and software will be provided. As well as any other duties as requested by management that is commensurate with job title which may include working unsociable hours including bank holidays, early mornings, evenings and weekends.
You will also be expected to oversee the creation of content for other Rugby League club publications and websites.
Work will primarily be based on the Wigan TV business but may be asked to contribute in any other sector of Ian Lenagan businesses if needed (such as Replay, Innoved, Oxford Utd or Other) on a temporary, basis. This mainly includes working with social media.
• Salary to be dependent on experience.
• Holidays 20 days per year.
• A notice period will be 1 month on both sides.
• Reimbursement of reasonable and necessary expenses as incurred.
• Hours are as required to complete the work required.
• Based at Wigan RL offices at Central Park with frequent travel to the London office at Buckingham Palace Rd and other locations as required.
Applications to Sam Lloyd (firstname.lastname@example.org). Closing Date Thursday 5th December 2013, 5pm.