JOB TITLE: Creative Production Intern
SALARY: Dependent on experience and hours - 12 month fixed term
HOURS OF WORK: 22½ - 37½ hours per week depending on availability
Additional hours are in accordance with the needs and demands of the role.
BASED: Central Park, Wigan, WN5 9XL
The Lenagan Group of Companies includes leading rugby league club Wigan Warriors and their online-based subscription TV channel Wigan TV (Wigan Rugby League Club Ltd), education management and virtual learning software and content company InnovEd (Innovative Solutions for Education Ltd) and Animalates Ltd which offers dynamic exercise for children through both video content and also delivery sessions in community settings.
This role sits across all of the Group businesses and reports into the Creative Director. The successful candidate(s) will be an important member of the production team with responsibility for the production of content for the three companies. From concept development to script writing, filming and editing, to graphics and post production this all-encompassing role is perfect for a post-Graduate looking for hands on experience working in a fast-paced, interesting and cutting-edge environment.
Working primarily in video production, the role will also involve other content creation opportunities, including written pages, displaying content and presentations, specifically on the new InnovEd learning platform - the Education Management System.
At the end of the initial 12 month term it is expected that a Full Time position will be available, with preferential treatment afforded to Interns who excel during the internship period.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Video content production:
A passionate, organised and versatile television, film or creative arts graduate who can:
- Take briefs from clients
- Write proposals for future clients
- Write scripts/treatments for all video content
- Oversee all pre-production, including facilitating and organising shoots (location and studio)
- Film using a variety of different cameras and codecs
- Set up lighting
- Edit video using either FCPX or Premiere Pro
- Create and manage budgets from initial costings to final reconciliation
- Oversee all post production, including managing client feedback, sound/VO record, mixing and grade.
2. Written content:
- Take content themes, research the topic and storyboard the best format for displaying education-style material
- Where necessary, author or edit written content
- Display content on an online learning platform in an attractive style, sourcing and editing images, diagrams and graphics to supplement written words and video content
Please submit a CV and covering letter (no more than one-page) in application for this position to:
Mark McLinden, Creative Director c/o Central Park, Montrose Avenue, Wigan, WN5 9XL or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information please call Mark on 07973 431677.
Closing date for applications: Monday 4th May 2015.
Date: April 2015
This job description is current at the date shown but in consultation with the post holder is liable to variation to reflect or anticipate change in or to the job outlined.
This post is subject to disclosure procedures. We are an equality opportunity employer.