Wigan Warriors are recruiting for a Marketing and Media Coordinator.
Wigan Football Club Ltd, t/a Wigan Warriors
JOB TITLE: Marketing and Media Co-Ordinator
SALARY: To be discussed at interview
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours per week (F/T) The hours are in accordance with the needs and demands of the role. Evening and weekend work are part of the requirements.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
World Club Champions Wigan Warriors are seeking a proactive and forward thinking Marketing and Media Coordinator to work within the Marketing and Media team.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will help with the delivery of marketing strategies and activations for ticketing, merchandise, Wigan TV, Wigan Warriors Education programmes and the Wigan Warriors Community Foundation. The role will also incorporate aspects of media and communications such as social media and developing content for the official Club Website.
The successful candidate will coordinate marketing activities for both the Wigan Club and other group companies including Animalates and InnovED.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Marketing Manager
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To assist with the planning and implementation of marketing strategies and activations across the channel mix – ticketing, merchandise, Wigan TV, Education programmes and the Community Foundation.
• To lead, plan and execute promotional events in the local community.
• To assist with, and develop, sports presentation and media on Wigan Warriors matchdays.
• To be proactive, adaptable and assist on the wider strategy of long-term marketing and media plans.
• To assist in the operation of the official club website, producing, editing and publishing content.
• To prepare email campaigns to help support on-going projects.
• To work with design agencies and printers to deliver marketing collateral.
• To work with the marketing and media team to create social media content that drives audience interaction.
• To work with the marketing and media team to coordinate day-to-day activities that lead to the completion of projects and tasks.
• To conduct market research as and when required.
• To work with other departments to meet targets.
• To frequently work outside normal working hours including bank holidays, early mornings, evenings and weekends.
• To coordinate marketing activity for other Ian Lenagan group companies including, but not limited to, Animalates and InnovED.
• To undertake any other duties as requested by management that are appropriate to the job title.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS (desirable but not essential)
• Educated to degree level.
• Experience within a sports media and marketing environment.
• Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
All applications must be made by way of a cover letter and CV sent either by email to email@example.com or post c/o Paul Macleod, Marketing Manager, Wigan Warriors, Central Park, Montrose Avenue, Wigan, WN5 9XL.
Entries must be submitted by Monday 25 September.