Wigan & Leigh Service Area
RUGBY LEAGUE SERVICE AREA COORDINATOR
SALARY: Scale 6 to SO1- £21412 to £23749
BASE: Wigan Leisure & Culture Trust, Robin Park Arena, Wigan
CLOSING DATE: 14th May 2008
PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE: Week Commencing 19th May 2008
Wigan Sports Development Unit is seeking a highly motivated Sports Development Professional to join its dynamic and progressive team of 4 managers, 6 officers and 13 coaches.
This role will make an important contribution to supporting the Wigan & Leisure Culture Trust vision of ‘Getting Wigan Active’ and thereby increasing sport and physical activity across the Borough. The Service Area Coordinator will be responsible for delivering the Wigan and Leigh Service Area programme for Rugby League focusing on the development of Rugby League, increase structured participation and competitive opportunities for young people as well as development of a CPD programme for all Rugby League coaches. The Service Area Coordinator will be required to work in partnership with internal and external agencies such as Children and Young Peoples Services, the Voluntary Sector and National Governing Bodies to deliver this programme.
You will have:
- Considerable experience in sports development or a related field, managing and delivering a wide variety of sports projects.
- Degree/equivalent qualification/ National Governing Body Qualifications
- Ability to work within a team, develop new initiatives, set performance indicators and monitor goals and targets.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Current driving licence and access to a vehicle.
All posts are subject to an enhanced level disclosure check.
You can obtain an application form and further details online by [clicking here] or by telephone on 01942 828514 (24 hour answer phone). Completed application forms can be submitted online or by post to HRD Unit, Wigan Leisure & Culture Trust, Indoor Sports Complex, Loire Drive, Robin Park, Wigan WN5 0UL.