Job title: School Sport Partnership Officer
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 (Commensurate on experience)
Contract type: Full Time – initially a one-year term with a view to extension, subject to funding and performance.
Closing date: Monday September 16th at 12noon
Interview date: Friday September 20th
Wigan Warriors Community Foundation is Wigan Warriors official charity and uses the power of Sport to make a positive difference to people’s lives. We work across many areas of the North West delivering a wide range of programmes from sports coaching through to programmes that improve health, wellbeing and improving the career prospects of young people and adults.
Wigan Warriors Community Foundation are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to be responsible for the overseeing and management of the Foundations Sky Try programme, primary school partners and the development and growth of the PE and School Sport + delivery offer.
- Develop, recruit and service PE and School Sport+ (PESS+) partner schools, evolving the three strands of: project delivery, CPD and competitions.
- Deliver multi-sport within a primary school setting.
- Manage the Foundations Sky Try programme including school bookings, staffing and reporting.
- Create promotional materials and market the PESS+ offer to schools in the area.
- Ensure sufficient schools are recruited and provided with additional opportunities.
- Ensure the PESS+ programme is delivering quality outcomes and impact to all its schools/participants.
- Produce and publicise regular media communication for the project.
- Apply for small grants to support new opportunities within primary education.
You will have:
- Degree Level qualification
- A proven track record of coaching/teaching young people in a school environment.
- Significant experience working in or developing sport with young people.
- Level 1 or 2 qualifications covering recognised sports
To apply for the position please send your CV along with cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria for the role to email@example.com.