Position: Half back
Date of birth: 14/09/1998
Heritage number: 1113
Representative honours: NRL Indigenous All Stars
Previous club: Manly Sea Eagles
Wigan Debut: vs Hull KR (A), half back, won 24-10 at Sewell Group Craven Park Stadium, 11/02/22
Challenge Cup: 2022
- His ability to be aggressive in his attacking approach, a solid kicking game, and versatility to play in the halves and at hooker will provide Wigan with an abundance of creativity, pace and skill in 2022.*
- Cust, joined Wigan from Manly Warringah Sea Eagles where he played 27 games in the NRL, scoring nine tries.
- Born in Scone, New South Wales, Cust started playing Rugby League for his local junior side Scone Thoroughbreds. After then being scouted by Manly, he and his family travelled to Sydney each week to allow Cust to train and play for Manly’s junior teams.
- Cust impressed and went on to progress through the ranks at the Sea Eagles, playing a major role in helping the side win the final Holden Cup Premiership in 2017, before playing in the Canterbury Cup NSW for Manly’s feeder club side, Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.
- In Round 10 of the 2019 campaign, Cust made his NRL debut against Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and scored his first try for the Sea Eagles two games later against Penrith Panthers.
- Cust, who is of Aboriginal descent has represented the Indigenous All Stars.
- Cust made his debut for Wigan in their opening round tie against Hull KR in 2022, and scored his first try for the Club away to Toulouse in March 2022.
- In 2022, his first season at the club, Cust was part of the winning side in the Challenge Cup Final at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- Cust made 25 appearances for Wigan in 2022, missing out on a few games after suffering a dislocated elbow in his first Challenge Cup Final. He scored five tries in his debut year whilst making an impressive impact in the halves.