Finding the DW Stadium (WN5 0UZ)…
From the North
- Exit M6 at Junction 27 and turn left at end of slip road.
- Turn right at T-junction, sign-posted Shevington.
- After 1 mile turn left into Old Lane (signed B5375 Standish Lower Ground).
- The road winds through countryside for approx. 2 miles.
- At traffic lights turn right into Scot Lane.
- Take the first left turn into Stadium Way for the entrance to the stadium car parks or second left for the main entrance (Visiting Directors & Match Officials Parking).
From the South and West
- Exit M6 at Junction 25.
- At end of slip road (approx. 1 mile) turn left, sign-posted ‘Wigan A49’.
- Follow signs for ‘Wigan A49’ for 1.8 miles to saddle roundabout.
- Take second exit sign-posted ‘Standish A49’ into Robin Park Road.
- Follow signs for DW Stadium. (Visiting Directors & Match Officials only, take second right into Anjou Boulevard for main entrance)
From the East
- Exit M61 at Junction 6 (sign-posted ‘Chorley, Horwich A6027’) and take first exit at roundabout. NB: do not exit at Junction 5 which is sign-posted ‘Wigan’.
- At next roundabout, take first left (sign-posted ‘Westhoughton A6, Wigan B5238’) into Chorley Road.
- After 0.3 miles, turn right (sign-posted ‘Wigan B5238’).
- After 1.8 miles, turn left at Aspull Roundabout (sign-posted ‘Wigan B5238’).
- After 2.2 miles, just after Earl of Balcarres pub, turn right at traffic lights.
- Proceed down the hill turning left at next lights with Quality Hotel on corner.
- Follow ring road and get into second lane from right as road bears right into Caroline Street, sign-posted ‘Orrell’.
- Continue on ring road following road as it bears left passing the Go Outdoors shop on the left hand side, again sign-posted for Orrell.
- Pass Wigan Pier on right and as the road goes under the railway bridge, get into right hand lane to turn right into Robin Park Road (sign-posted ‘Robin Park’).
- Follow signs for DW Stadium (Visiting Directors & Match Officials only: take second right into Anjou Boulevard for main entrance).
The DW Stadium has 2,000 car parking spaces located around the stadium.
Supporters can pay on the gate on Car Park 1 (on Stadium Way), while pay and display is in operation on Car Park 5 (this is property of the DW Sports Fitness Club). Please note that Car Park 1 is now operates as Card only
Car Park 3 and 4 will be open to parking season ticket holders only. Seasonal car park passes for all car parks are available from the DW Stadium ticket office on a first come first served basis and cost £45 for all Wigan Warriors league, Cup and play-off fixtures.
Please refrain from using the Robin Retail Park car parks as these are not official matchday car parks. Supporters who use this car park are at risk of being clamped and fined.
Cars & motorcycles £5
Wigan is served by two main international airports: Manchester and Liverpool John Lennon.
Manchester Airport is a major international hub, serving most destinations across the world. It is 30 miles (approximately 35 minutes) east of Wigan and is easily accessible via the M6 and M56.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is the north west base for many low-cost carriers including Ryan Air and EasyJet. It is located 32 miles (approximately 40 minutes) west of Wigan, along the M58 and M57.
For the uninitiated, the two main train stations in Wigan are located on opposite sides of the same road in the town centre.
Wigan Wallgate station connects passengers from Liverpool, Leeds, Manchester, Southport, Bolton, Blackburn and Stalybridge amongst other stations. To plan your journey and buy your train tickets online at the Northern website or download the mobile app
Wigan North Western train station connects passengers from Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, London, Glasgow and Edinburgh. For more information on these services visit the National Rail Enquiries website.
The DW Stadium is a casual 20 minute walk from either station, covering just over one mile along a well-lit main road and canal towpath.
From Wigan Wallgate train station take the main exit and turn right.
From Wigan North Western train station exit onto the road, cross over the road and turn left.
Following the first step from either station: Walk under the railway bridge and after approx. 5 mins you will reach No. 1 Wigan Pier (Domino’s is on your left); keep right where the one way road system forks and pass National Tyres on your right and Wigan Pier on your left, walking straight ahead.
After another 5 mins and immediately after Seven Stars Motors turn right. Proceed to the end of this road and join the canal towpath underneath the railway bridge.
Continue along the towpath for another 5 mins, with the service yard of B&Q on your left, until you reach the black and white canal footbridge; you will then see the DW Stadium on your left. After the footbridge, take the next service road on your left signposted ‘Emergency Vehicles Only’ and follow this road over the bridge.
- The bridge delivers you to the south east corner of the DW Stadium.
Local Transport Information - correct as at 23rd August 2019
Local Taxi Companies
- Blue Star 01942 242424 - 28 Station Rd, Wigan, WN1 1YL
- Crusader Cabs 01942 494949 - Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 5DF
- Goose Green Private Hire 01942 244424 - Poolstock Lane, Wigan, Lancashire, WN3 5HL
- Pemberton Taxis 01942 222111 - 9 White St, Wigan, WN5 8JW
Alternatively, follow directions to Wigan North Western or Wigan Wallgate and hop in a cab outside the main entrance.
Local Bus Times
Wigan Bus Station is located in the heart of Wigan town centre, around the corner from both Wigan train stations along King Street West and then right onto Dorning Street.
For Stagecoach bus timetables in Wigan CLICK HERE
For Arriva bus timetables in Wigan CLICK HERE
Local Train Times
For Avanti West Coast services from Wigan North Western CLICK HERE
For Northern Rail services from Wigan North Western CLICK HERE
For Northern Rail services from Wigan Wallgate CLICK HERE
With many games being on Friday nights at the DW Stadium, fans will need to ensure they get to the train station in good time to avoid missing the last train if travelling by rail.
Last train north to Preston from Wigan North Western: 00.01
Last train to St Helens and Liverpool from Wigan North Western: 23.04
Last train to Warrington from Wigan North Western: 22.53
Last train to Manchester from Wigan Wallgate: 22.55
Last train to Southport from Wigan Wallgate: 23.25